Sunday, January 13, 2013

Super awesome 2012 gets even better this 2013!

Hello, 2013!

Wow, time flies when you're having an awesome time! And 2012 has been just that -- 'awesomest' of the super duper awesome!

I got engaged to the biggest (and one and only) love of my life. I've read somewhere that one of the best feelings in the world is being proposed to by your dream guy at the perfect time, and it felt every inch just that.

I voluntarily left the academe, and albeit it being bittersweet because teaching and UP will always be my one big love, it felt like it was the perfect time to hop on to the other side of the fence. And what was waiting for me on the other side of the fence? My dream global yet Philippine-based financial-social institution, what I thought was the one and only company could make me swap my beloved UP for.

I transferred to a new home in an entirely new neighborhood with a different zip code. It was bigger, brighter, prettier. And it further equipped and honed me with the know-hows of a future homemaker. :) In between crazy work-filled days and wedding preps-focused nights and weekends, I got even closer to my family, all the while with a looming thought that by the end of the year, they would give me away to the man I was going to be with for the rest of my life, the man I was going to build my family with.

The last three quarters of the year dragged on yet went by so fast. We closed the year with a bang -- the wedding we have so looked forward to. And I mean, from the very onset of the relationship. It was a culmination of sorts, yet it was only the beginning of new, more exciting chapters ahead. A celebration of love, life, friendship, and His overwhelming blessings. The honeymoon and travel that followed was just a dollop of the icing on the cake. That, plus this one big momentous new chapter I can't wait to share with you guys.

So, 2013, how would you top that?

Guess what, no matter how overflowing and siksik with all the good things in life 2012 was, I have a feeling faith that that is only the beginning, and that 2013 will even be better! I claimed that last year was going to be my year (it was indeed MY year!), and this time, I am claiming it again -- there's no way but up and it will only get better this year! :)

So albeit my post coming in quite late, I'm officially saying hooray to yet another awesome year ahead! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment